I completed my Bachelors of Social Work at McGill University in 2012 and my Masters of Social Work at the University of Toronto in 2016. In addition to my training as a Social Worker, I have completed various trainings that inform my practice, which are listed below.
Outside of my private practice, I currently provide counselling with survivors of abuse/violence at a community agency in Toronto. In the past, I’ve worked at other community agencies with trauma survivors and youth in inpatient psychiatric programs.
- Certificate in Somatic Embodiment and Regulation Strategies with Linda Thai (January 2021)
- Disrupting Rumination: Changing the Cognitions that Underlie Anxiety and Depression with Margaret Wehrenberg at Leading Edge Seminars (January 2021)
- Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Trauma with the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine (January 2021)
- YogaFit for Warriors 100 Hour Trauma-Sensitive Teacher Training (December 2019-January 2020)
- Internal Family Systems: Treating Relational and Complex Trauma with Frank Anderson at Leading Edge Seminars (May 2019)
- Level 2 Responding to Trauma at the Narrative Therapy Centre (May 2019)
- Creative Play Therapy Interventions for Traumatized Children with Liana Lowenstein (December 2018)
- Playful Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Children with Anxiety with Liana Lowenstein (December 2018)
- Creative Play Therapy Interventions for Children of Divorce with Liana Lowenstein (November 2018)
- The Use of Play Therapy to Engage, Assess, and Treat Children, Youth, and Families with Liana Lowenstein (November 2018)
- 3-Day Responding to Trauma Intensive at the Narrative Therapy Centre (May 2018)
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention with Youthdale Treatment Centres (February 2016)
- Trauma in the Mind’s Eye: Mitigating and Eliminating Intrusive Thoughts, Flashbacks, and Nightmares with Natalie Zlodre at the Hincks-Dellcrest Institute (July 2015)